Friday, September 9, 2011

Gazpacho

Being the end of August, my vegetable garden is overgrown and running out of steam. However I have no shortage of home-grown tomatoes and thought I'd take advantage to make my very first gazpacho. It's a traditional Spanish cold tomato soup. Which I know makes you think of V8 but seriously it is delicious and a fantastic way to get in your raw vegetable servings everyday during the summer. Make a more watery version and you can drink it like a shake. Make a thicker version and add vegetable chunks and eat it like a soup.


Just wash, peel, chop and de-seed tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion and garlic.




Blend and add olive oil, vinegar and salt.


Add and blend in day-old French bread (optional).


1 comment:

  1. ooo, I'll have mine without the bread! This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete